Environmental, Health, Safety & Security
Perimeter Solutions is globally engaged in supporting and practicing world-class industry standardized and company established environmental, health, safety and security initiatives. We are committed to conducting operations and activities in a manner that provides and maintains safe and healthy working conditions, protects the environment, and conserves natural resources. In meeting this commitment, it is our policy that no one shall engage in any conduct that violates any environmental, health and safety laws.
Our commitment to SAFETY is paramount, with a zero-incident culture.
Our safety culture is guided by the following principles:
Nothing we do is worth injury to employees or damage to the environment.
- Our operations and distribution systems are safe for site contractors, guests, communities, ourselves and the environment at all times.
- Everyone actively participates in, and makes positive contributions to, safety, health, security and environmental performance.
- We develop, implement, and maintain effective environmental, health and safety management systems that reflect Perimeter Solutions policies and principles.
- We deliver products that are safe and environmentally sound when used responsibly.
- We partner with emergency response providers to protect people, property and information by securing our sites, cyber systems, and product value chains.
- We maintain and verify compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and regulatory agreements.
A Company Commitment to the Environment
Perimeter Solutions is committed to manufacturing superior products while at the same time protecting and preserving the Earth’s natural resources.
Perimeter Solutions’ Green Bay, Wisconsin operation has been developed with a “green” responsibility to the environment. The buildings are designed to be LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) certified. LEED is an internationally recognized green building certification system. Developed by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC), LEED provides building operators and owners with a framework for identifying and implementing practical and measurable green building design, construction, operations and maintenance solutions.
Perimeter Solutions is committed to the goals of quality, service and safety – and to environmental responsibility. It’s a philosophy that enables us to flourish while delivering ever greater innovation and value.
Perimeter Solutions’ Company Position on Fluorine-Containing Firefighting Foams
It is the position of Perimeter Solutions that our SOLBERG® Fire Suppressant foams are the world’s most effective firefighting foam concentrates for flame knockdown, fire control, extinguishment, and burnback resistance. Control, extinguishing time, and burnback resistance are paramount to the safety of firefighters everywhere.
The Voluntary Stewardship Program of the US EPA stated that by the end of 2010, the industry would work to achieve an intermediate goal of 95% reduction in the production and use of long-chain perfluorinated chemicals (LCPFCs). By the end of 2015, the goal was to phase out the production and use of long-chain perfluorinated chemicals. The SOLBERG Company achieved full 2015 compliance with its full range of fluorine-free foam concentrates.
While this Voluntary Stewardship Program addresses the Persistence, Bioaccumulation, and Toxicity (PBT) of long chain perfluorinated chemicals, it does not address the firefighting performance of foam concentrates based on the newer generation of short-chain perfluorinated chemicals.
Perimeter Solutions is committed to leading the foam fire suppression industry with innovative and high-performance products