Prevention & Protection
PHOS-CHEK® Wildfire Long-Term Retardant Solutions
Data shows that over 84% of human-caused wildfires are ignited in high risk areas adjacent to roadsides and under utility lines. With proper precautions, many of these fires can be preventable. Estimates have shown that from a cost standpoint, prevention of wildfires using ground applied long term fire retardants is 35 times more cost effective than the firefighting efforts it replaces.
PHOS-CHEK® Ground Applied Long-Term Retardants are a valuable fire management tool that can help stop wildfire in its tracks. The retardant is uncolored, allows for precise, cost-effective placement and can be applied well in advance of fire conditions.
Long-Term Retardants help prevent the start of wildfires by making wildland fuels non-flammable – ‘hardening’ vegetation against fire risk. They can be applied by almost any standard equipment that sprays, including Perimeter Solutions’ custom Ground Applied equipment. All products have a high level of fire retardant effectiveness, with differences in product form, adherence to vegetation and persistence through weathering.
SOLUTIONS THAT SAVE. LIVES. PROPERTY. WILDLIFE. THE ENVIRONMENT
Short-Term and Long-Term: Solutions for your Application
Today, Perimeter Solutions offers a comprehensive range of ground applied fire retardants – PHOS-CHEK® for season-long protection and PHOS-CHEK LC95W technology for fast application during scheduled burn or emerging wildfire conditions. These are proven technologies with a track record of performance.
PHOS-CHEK LC95W and related grades are on the USDA Forest Service Qualified Products List (QPL). PHOS-CHEK is an effective solution on both non-state and non-federal lands. Its presence on the QPL is pending.
SOLUTIONS FOR EVERY FIRE PROTECTION NEED
PHOS-CHEK® FIRE RETARDANT
PHOS-CHEK® is an ideal fire retardant for applications when season-long protection is required, since it remains durable after a significant rain event.
- Treatment of high-risk fire areas, including utility pole brushing & vegetation management
- Underneath utility lines to keep them energized, averting Public Safety Power Shutoffs (PSPS)
- Around critical infrastructure assets (substations, buildings, communication towers)
- Protection for power poles, easements and rights-of-ways
- Along railroad lines and railways in high-risk areas
- Ingress and egress paths from at-risk communities
- Pre-treatment of Prescribed Fire Control lines far in advance of ignition
- Military bases in active munition areas
- Hillsides and roadsides near communities with high fire-risk
- Extending roadway fire breaks
- Protection for wildland urban interface areas, campgrounds, and other common ignition areas
- Protection for historical areas, National Monuments and sensitive and endangered habitats
PHOS-CHEK® LC95W / LCE20W FIRE RETARDANT TECHNOLOGY
PHOS-CHEK® LC95W / LCE20W is the technology of choice for rapid deployment and potential fire events that are scheduled within days of application. Perimeter Solutions offers several grades of this technology for different application environments.
- All applications requiring QPL status
- Pre-treatment of utility easements and infrastructure
- Utility rapid response efforts ahead of a fire
- Around homes and communities with pending wildfire danger
- Ingress and egress paths ahead of a fire
- On physical utility poles with fires approaching
- Support of prescribed fires being conducted within days of application
- During “hot work” that is being performed in high-risk fire areas
LEARN MORE ABOUT WILDFIRE PREVENTION SOLUTIONS
Perimeter Solutions has been active in wildfire prevention projects for nearly a decade. We can share a number of our projects with you to help you understand what is possible with our PHOS-CHEK Long-Term Retardant technology.
Follow up with us for more information.
Homeowner? Please visit our Authorized Service Provider page.